1c whole wheat flour
1 egg
3/4 c milk
1 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1tbsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
4tbsp water
2tbsp flax seed meal
Measure out the water and add the flax seed meal, allow to sit while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Mix all of the other ingredients together, and blend until smooth. Add in the flax seed meal and mix. Pour batter onto hot griddle or frying pan. Flip when edges appear firm and the better bubbles on the top. Cook until firm, serve, and enjoy!
The kids seemed to like them, I added a few chocolate chips to theirs when I poured the batter on the griddle. I made them mini pancakes which they love. I use the Papered Chef medium scoop to make mine, they end up being just the right size.
Sounds like a yummy and healthy breakfast and looks like your little on enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteWould love it if you could stop on by my blog www.MommyDigger.com and follow me :)