background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cleaning out the closet

Tonight I decided to rid my closet of the clothes that no longer fit becasue they are now way too big. I also went through clothes that I had stored in hopes that they would once again fit someday when I got my act together an did something about my weight.

First I tried on some clothes that were way too big and put them in the "fat clothes" pile. Hailey was so cute she kept saying "mommy its too big".

I kind of feel bad becasue some of these items were only worn once but I am sure once I donate them someone will get good use out of them. My husband thinks that I should pack them away and keep them, just in case I need them again someday. I don't think I should keep them. I don't ever want to let myself get to a point where I would even need them again so why let them take up space in the already overcrowded attic?

Then I tried on the clothes I had packed away and it was great that so many of them fit! I had forgotten I even had most of them since it has been so long since I have seen most of them. It is like I got a completely new wardrobe for free! Unfortunately I had gotten rid of most of the pants but I have plenty of skirts, dress, and tops that didn't cost me a dime! I plan to save the big shopping spree for the day that these clothes are too big and I need a smaller size and hopefully that will be in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! But Shawn has a point, however I see it from the point of not gaining that weight back, but what about when/if you have another kid, those "fat" cloths could be "pregnancy" cloths. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete