background

Monday, May 16, 2011

A walk in the woods

On Saturday we went for a walk on a trail at Clinton Nature Preserve. First we took the kids to the playground which is one of the best ones we have been to and then we went exploring. Hailey walked most of the .81 mile trail all be it very slowly. She stopped to pick up sticks, rocks, and pine cones, we should have brought a bucket to carry it all.




Ryan even got out of the stroller and walked for a little while I think maybe he felt it was safer to walk then for his sister to push him in the stroller since she insisted that mommy and daddy could not help steer.

The day even ended with ice cream, or in my case and the kids frozen yogurt. It was a nice surprise to find out that the kids got free kiddie cones at Bruster's. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Hailey did with the cone since this was the first time we were brave enough to give her one in public.

Ryan had one too all though his frozen yogurt ended up on the ground after a few tastes, but he did enjoy the cone.

So the next day my sister in-law called and wanted to take the kids to the park and walk the trails with the kids. While Hailey and me nephew were wandering around picking up sticks and flowers a nice gentleman stopped and informed us that the edge of the trail was covered with poison ivy! Great! I was a Girl Scout for 8 years how did I not notice it.

Needless to say Hailey and my nephew ended up riding in the wagon for the rest of the walk, however I am happy to report that we seem to be itch free so we really lucked out.

2 comments: