background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bow Organizer

My 2 year old daughter loves is obsessed with her hair bows. Hailey did not really have much hair until she was about 18 months old and since then she has accumulated quite the collection of hair bows. We get up very early on week days and she is usually half asleep but she always reaches up to her hair to check to make sure she has a hair bow in and if she doesn't she will let you know she needs one. (She also thinks ponytail holders are hair bows right now)

Her bow collection was a mess in the top drawer of her dresser so I decided to do something to organize them.

I have seen bow hangers at arts and crafts festivals but didn't want to pay $20 for one. I picked up a pre-cut wooden butterfly from Micahels and then painted it to match her room using acrylic paint I already had from a previous project.  I glued a wide ribbon to the back to use to attach all of the bows to and to hang it on the wall. I decided to use thumb tacks to attatch it to the wall and make them look like antennas. I hung it up in Hailey's room and put her bows on it and realized that I should have used a longer ribbon!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!! I am now following you from the Tuesday Hop

    Michele aka MikiHope
    www.mikishope.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to do something like this too! I have one holder but it is full! LOL! Great idea and so easy!!!
    Thanks for joining Hop A Little Tuesday! I am returning the Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,visiting from the Hop a Little Tuesday. I'm now following your blog. I would love if you could return the favor.
    http://freedelicacies.blogspot.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete