background

Monday, October 24, 2011

Vacation

I have been such a slacker looking at and editing pictures from our vacation in New York over a month ago. We visited family, went to my parents land, and a cabin on Lake Ontario. The kids did surprisingly well on the 14 hour drive which I was worried about since this is the first time we attempted to do the drive with the kids and both dogs. The back seat was a little cramped but everyone made it.

 The first night we were home we took the kids up to the high school to check out a football game uncle Mark bought Hailey her first taffy and Ryan attempted to go under the fence and make a run for it onto the field. Guess he wants to take after daddy and play football.

The next day we went to the Garlic Festival and sampled all kinds of things made with garlic, some of them were good and others I should have passed on. The kids had a healthy lunch a blooming onion and fried dough. I guess since we were on vacation I can let if go. Hailey also shared a Sunday with her grandmother which she inhaled.

From there we went to my parents land and walked in the woods. The kids had a great time throwing rocks into the creek and collecting sticks and other things. Hailey even enjoyed an apple off of one of the apple trees along the trail.

Then we ventured up the the cabin on Lake Ontario that belongs to my husbands family. We went fishing, threw rocks, went swimming, had a campfire, went for tractor rides, and celebrated birthdays since we won't see my in-laws in November for Hailey's birthday.










The kids loved gettimg spoiled by all of their grandparents and great grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment