background

Monday, October 24, 2011

Crock pot Sausage

We all know that I am a huge fan of my crock pot so I am always looking for new things to try. While I have been on a health kick lately this recipe is not exactly healthy but was definitely yummy. A friend of mine gave this recipe to me and I am glad she did.

1 pkg Italian Sausages ( I used fresh venison sausage)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used my home made sauce)
1/4 grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 green pepper chopped
1 onion chopped

Place sausage in pan with water and bring to boil for 10 minutes. Place all ingredients in crock pot ans cook on low for 6 hours. After a few hours use a wooden spoon to cut the sausages into smaller pieces.

I am able to get two meals out of this. One day I served it over pasta and the other I put the sausage on hoagie rolls and topped them in provolone cheese and place them in the broiler until the cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment