background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meal Planning

Since beginning on my weight loss journey one of the things that has halped me is to plan out our meals for the week. This cuts down on the unnecessary purchases ot the grocery store as well and prevents me from staring blankley into the pantry or refrigerator in the evening trying to decided what to make for dinner.

I try to sit down on friday night and figure out what we are going to eat for the weekend. I try to make atleast one meal over the weekend that we can eat in some capacity during the week. I might roast a chicken and then have leftover chicken that we can use in other things for dinner during the week. It is nice to have some of the work already done when I get home from work.

I used to write up the meal plan for the week and stick it up on the refrigerator so my husband would know what we were having incase he got home before me so he could start cooking. Then I progressed to writing on an old dry erase board. My sister in-law noticed this and made me this great framed menu board which is  so much better than a scrap of paper or dry erase board.


The meal plan for this week

Sunday-Crockpot polish sausage in tomato sauce on sub rolls and pasta salad
Monday- BBQ Hamburgers and pasta salad
Tuesday- Pork Poast, baked potatoes, and mixed veggies
Wednesday- Polish Sausage in tomato sauce over whole wheat spaghetti and salad
Thursday- Pulled pork samdwiches and pasta salad
Friday- Pulled pork quesidillas and rice

1 comment:

  1. New follower from the blog hop! This is a great idea! As a fellow working mama, this is one area I haven't yet tackled. Still a struggle! I'll have to try this and see how it goes :)

    Hope you'll stop by!

    Tessa
    http://thediaryofaworkingmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete