background

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ahhhh

I have posted before about the fact that we have two dogs and how great they are. Well lately the Lab has been treading on thin ice. Tonight marked the third time in less than a month that we have come home to diarrhea all over the family room carpet. The last time this happened was Tuesday. I spent almost three hours cleaning the carpets and it took me until Thursday night to finally get all of the stains up. We came home from swimming lessons tonight to the tell ta;e smell when we walked in the house.

This time it was worse, there were more spots and they spanned a larger area. I have had it. I ca not take cleaning dog shit up off of my carpet again/ I really want to get rid of her but my husband says no. Yet he is not tho one who has to spend hours getting the stains out of the carpet. He make some half a$$ attempt and then says that is the best he can do.

I know that we should take her to the vet and see what is wrong. We have not changed anything in her diet. No new food or treats. She does eat some of the crumbs the kids throw during meal time but never anything that should make her sick. We really can't afford to do all kinds of tests at the vet and then treat whatever is wrong.

I feel bad. she is part of the family but I don't know how many instances like this I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment