background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tried it Tuesday - Crock Pot Orange Chicken

I have posted before that I love my crockpot so I am always looking forward to trying new recipes in it. My husband only lets me use it on the weekends when I am home, he is paranoid that it is going to burn our house down. So I never get to come home to a finished meal during the week but I put it to good use on the weekends.

I love getting orange chicken from the local take out place so when I pinned this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. Labor Day this year was predicted to be rainy and cool which = no grilling.  Since I was home all day and had had a taste for Chinese take out I decided it was a good day to give it a shot.

I read through all of the comments and decided to add some low sodium soy sauce and some ginger to the sauce. I served it with "fried" rice and broccoli.

The verdict was the sauce was good but the chicken was really dry. It definately did not take as long as the recipe indicated, closer to three hours. I think I may try it using chicken thighs or some other chicken with a bone in it so the meat is not so dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment