background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where did summer go?

It is the last day of August and I find myself wondering what exactly happened to summer? I feel like we did not do half of the things I wanted to do.

It has been so hot that it is not even enjoyable to go outside for a great length of time. This means that trips to the park had to happen early in the morning, late in the evening, or not at all. I wanted to go to the zoo, which never happened. We made it to the beach once. We never had a BBQ with our friends. We never had my SIL and her family over to swim at the subdivision pool and it will be closed after this weekend.

Shawn is finally off on weekends right now and I feel like we try to cram everything in to the 4 weekend he has off but we still never seem to get to do all of the things we want to do. We spend those weekends doing things around the house, running errands that are not possible with two kids in tow and not really enjoying  life like we should be.

I know that there is still plenty of warm weather left to enjoy time outside, but I still can't help feeling like I somehow missed summer.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, and I feel the same way! All of a sudden it's cool in the mornings and the evenings again... and again I'm looking back at the summer and wondering where all the time went! We had so many things we wanted to do with the kids, and now we're trying to see if we could still cram any of them in before we really get settled into fall. Crazy! This is the first year that I've really felt like summer just whizzed by, leaving me in a cloud of dust! LOL

    Anyway, we still have a little bit of sunshine and nice weather before it starts getting chilly, so hopefully you can still squeeze in some of those activities you wanted to do!

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    Smiles, Jenn
    www.misadventuresinmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete