background

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Little Adventure


 
Last weekend my mom flew down to watch the kids so Shawn and I could get away for a long weekend for our five year anniversary which was earlier in the month. We never went on a honeymoon when we got married. We decided to buy a house instead, which seemed like a better investment at the time however I am thinking we should have taken the trip and skipped the house as it is worth ALOT less then we currently owe on it. ( I'll leave that rant for another post)

We flew out on Friday afternoon and went to Wisconsin to visit a friend of Shawn's. Our flight was delayed on both trips so we had to sit in the airport. Picking up our rental car was disastrous and the drive from Milwaukee to Sheboygan was horrible but the time in between was great.

We hung out, relaxed, met some great people, and enjoyed meals that I actually got to eat while they were still warm since I didn't have to cut up anyone elses food first. I was looking forward to sleeping in but for some reason  every morning I was staring at the ceiling at 7:30.  Shawn and I decided to go running along the lake in the morning. I didn't pack any sneakers or workout gear or sneakers so a short shopping trip was called for. It was so nice to run outside and not feel like I was going to die from heat stroke. We did 2.2 mines each morning in just over 20 minutes which isn't bad considering I never really run outside, just on a tread mill.

One of the people we met told us about this great garden that just opened called Book Worm Garden so we decided to check it out. It was amazing and really made me wish that we had the kids with us, the both really would have liked it. Maybe someday we will go back and take them to see it. Each area in the garden had a theme. It was so well though tout and maintained, it is hard to believe that it was free to go to.

It was a nice relaxing trip minus the travel but I missed the kids. It was nice to get home they were so excited to see that we were home when they woke up Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment