We started attempting to potty train Hailey back in February using the 3 Day Potty Training Method a program my sister in-law had sent me. So I read up and was on board and excited to no longer have to buy diapers, well at least not for 2 kids anymore. Hailey unfortunately had other ideas. She didn't care if she wet herself, she could be running around with poop in her Minnie Mouse panties and still dell me that she was clean. I kept at it figuring that maybe she just needed more time but sadly it never got better. After several months we gave up. I felt like I was so obsessed with Hailey going pee pee on the potty that I could no longer enjoy the time I was spending with her.
After taking a little over a month off we decided to try again this weekend since I would be home with her for three days. The first day was a disaster he kicked and screamed when I would put her on the potty, I felt like her underwear were constantly wet and I thought "here we go again".
Day 2 went much smoother but she still had several accidents during the day. On Monday which was day 3 I knew that she was going to be a 3 Day failure yet again. That morning she refused to wear her 4th of July shirt because it was not pink. She wanted to wear a pink shirt with her favorite skirt. Now I know that according to the method she is not supposed to wear bottoms but I know m daughter and the fight that would have ensued over wearing this skirt would have lasted virtually all day ( I am so screwed when she is older) So I let her wear it. Sure enough she peed on it however she actually got upset that her pretty skirt got wet.
I rinsed it out and threw it in the dryer. Hailey refused to put on new underwear and then it happened while she was running around with a naked bum. She just started going over to the potty and using it when she had to go. She never said anything until she was done and she proudly proclaimed "I did it" with a huge grin on her face. When her skirt was dry she wanted to wear it again and sure enough again she peed on it. She spent the rest of the day naked from the waist down and only had one accident.
So Hailey may not have been potty trained in three days she is making progress. We are currently letting her wear dresses every day so she can not have to wear underwear and she just goes. The last two evenings she went 3x on her own both nights with no accidents, but she still has yet to tell us she needed to go. We have decided that for now we will focus on going on the potty and worry about the underwear in a week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment