background

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life has gotten in the way

Once again I have been a less than stellar blogger. Life unfortunately has gotten in the way and left very little free time for blogging. On Father's Day my husband's grandfather passed away. It was by no means unexpected he had been declining for some time.

This news prompted a 900 mile drive back to New York for the funeral. While we knew that this trip was a matter of when not if, needing to make it on a Sunday posed some problems since the kennel was closed. We were very fortunate that the kennel took our dogs even though it was not during the normal 2 hour window on Sunday. The kids did well on the car trip until the last hour or so when they could not get comfortable in their seats. The portable DVD player was worth every penny we paid for it.

The week in New York was hectic and all of the healthy eating we have been done was basically thrown out the window. I managed to not gain any weight on the trip so which is better than I expected. The week back at work was crazy, I was behind and only made it to the gym once. So I am hoping that the first week in July will be free of complications and I can get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment