I love tomatoes especially fresh ones in the summer. Unfortunately my husband hates tomatoes so I don't eat them all that often. This also means that I definitely don't grow any since there is no way I would be able to eat them all myself . I have been craving a tomato salad lately so I decided to make a huge batch just for me to enjoy and it was delish!
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp sugar
5 large tomatoes
1 medium sweet onion
5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Basil
1/4c reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and basil together in a small bowl. Dice the tomatoes and the onions ( I cored a few of the tomatoes to remove some of the liquid and seeds) place in large bowl. Dice the onion and add to tomato. Add feta cheese them pour olive oil mixture over tomatoes, onion, and feta. Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste. You can prepare it ahead of time and allow the flavors to marinade or eat it right away. Tastes great either way.

No comments:
Post a Comment