Saturday morning I was woken up at 2:30 in to Hailey crying. I went in her room to see what was wrong and she had thrown up all over her bed and carpet. I put her in new pj's and stuck her in my bed while I went back to tackel the mess in her room. This occurred two more times till I decided to just keep her in bed with me. It is the worst feeling when your child is sick especially sine she really doesn't understand why she is throwing up. Saturday she just was not herself all day, she wanted to cuddle which is something that she rarely does. So we spent the day watching movies, reading books, and cuddling on the couch. She had plenty of toast, bananas ans applesauce and seemed to be keeping everything down. By Sunday she was fine, in fact we spent all day outside playing.
Then comes Monday and I woke up at 3am to realize that I had gotten what Hailey had but on a good note Ryan had not gotten it or so I thought. My husband took both kids to the babysitters so I could spend the day in bed. Th babysitter called me at 1 to inform me that Ryan had started throwing up, great just what I did not want to hear.
I hate feeling like here is nothing I can do to make them feel better when they are sick. All I can do is comfort them but I really wish I cold just make it go away. Hailey kept telling me "it hurts" while she was holding her tummy. It broke my heart and I wished there was something more that I could do other than tell her it would be ok and she would feel better soon.
So here it is Tuesday and I am home from work with both kids. We all seem to be feeling better we are back to playing and smiling and eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment