background

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Changing Me

I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I have never been small. In high school I always felt huge compared to all of the other girls even though I was a two sport athlete an in relatively good shape. Then I went to school and gained the famed freshmen fifteen and though I was huge. My sophomore year I started playing Lacrosse and got back in shape.

Fast forward to now. I have had two children in two years and do not like the reflection I see when I look in the mirror. For quite some time I complained about how large I was but never did anything about it. The weight was just going to magically come off right? Wishful thinking! In February my husband convinced me to join a gym with him. I had not set even a toe in the gym in almost 5 years. It took some convincing but I agreed.

Getting back into the gym was just the first step. I realized that that alone would not be enough to achieve the goal I had set for myself which was to loose 55 ( yes you read that correctly) pounds. I was also going to have to change the way I ate. That task is almost harder then committing to get back  in the gym. I started using myfitnesspal.com to track everything I ate. Let me tell you what an eyeopener that was. I really did not realize how bad we were eating.

To keep myself motivated I took some before pictures and have the hanging on the bathroom mirror so I have to see them every morning while I am getting ready for work. Eventually I will be able to compare them to the results to see just how far I have come. ( For the record I cannot believe I am posting these pictures it is extremely embarrassing but here they are for all to see)

It is still definitely a work in progress but  I am down 12 lbs and have been sticking to going to the gym and eating healthy so hopefully I will get back to where I want to be someday. I think that it is definitely going to be a long journey but one well worth taking.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, and your doing great! I notice differences already in your body, and your eatting habits!
    P.S. Isn't blogging theraputic and fun! I hope Hailey is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete